Wednesday 8 June 2011

Ti-Cats Find Farr's Replacement

When Jason Farr was elected to Hamilton City Council, he decided to hang up the mic and resign from his duties as Hamilton's in-game stadium announcer.

Since then, people have wondered who would fill his shoes. Well, now we have the answer.

Enter Mike Nabuurs.

Nabuurs hosts a morning show on 820 CHAM called "Nabuurs and Friends" and has over 25 years of broadcasting experience behind him.

Nabuurs has some fairly big shoes to fill. Jason Farr, in my opinion, did a great job. I know there are those that disliked Farr's style – these people tend to be of the "old fart" variety – but I thought Farr was informative and energetic. I liked him, and I'm not afraid to admit that.

But now the job is Mike Nabuurs's and I'm sure he will bring the same energy and enthusiasm to the gig. In any event, it looks like he plans to have fun with it, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

Welcome aboard, Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment