Friday 17 June 2011

Preview: Tiger-Cats at Argonauts

0-0
0-0

Well, folks, we're back.

For the first time since the Cats suffered the worst defeat imaginable – a home playoff loss to the Toronto Argonauts – the Tabbies take the field. They get to play those same Argos, this time in Toronto at the Rogers Centre SkyDome in preseason action.

Many of the team's starters will be held out of this game, but there are a few areas of the team that I will have my eye on: Secondary, Special Teams, Running Back and Receiver.

I am very curious to see who plays and where in the Ti-Cats' new-look Secondary. There have been a lot of changes, so it will be interesting to see how the players perform in their first real action.

I am also curious to see how Justin Medlock and Eric Wilbur perform at Kicker. Medlock did not take part in the scrimmage in Burlington last weekend, so Wilbur handled all the kicking duties. I still believe that this is Medlock's job to lose, but Wilbur looked very good on punts and decent at field goals last Saturday, so the race is close.

I will also be looking at the remaining Running Backs to see how they perform. The Cats have a stud in Avon Cobourne, but I'd like to see what Terry Grant and Glenn Milner have to offer. Both impressed me during the Black and Gold Day scrimmage, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Two new Receivers, Bakari Grant and Aaron Kelly, have received (no pun intended) a lot of press for how they have performed at Rookie Camp and Training Camp, but I was not overly impressed with either of them at the Black and Gold Day. With many of the starters sitting out, Grant and Kelly will have plenty of opportunities to show their stuff.

If you can't make it to Toronto for the game, you can listen to the game on AM900 CHML or TSN Radio 1050 starting at 1:00PM EST.

I know it's just the preseason, but I couldn't be more excited that football... real football... Canadian football... is finally back!

No comments:

Post a Comment