Tuesday 27 April 2010

In Praise of Duane Forde

With the 2010 CFL Draft less than a week away, I feel like I need to give a shout out to the guy who has been invaluable in getting me ready for the draft. I'm talking, of course, about Duane Forde.

Forde played 12 years in the CFL with four different teams (his final stop was Hamilton) before retiring following the 2002 season. Since his retirement, Forde has gone into broadcasting, and now contributes to the CFL on TSN.

His main area of expertise is the draft, and this is where his knowledge has been invaluable to me. I know what I know because Duane Forde knows what he knows. I'm not going to assess his ability to judge talent, but he seems to know precisely what he is talking about, and does so with conviction. I have the utmost faith when it comes to Canadian players and the draft.

Forde, himself a Canadian, having been born into Toronto, and having went to the University of Western Ontario, is without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable people on the topic of CIS football. Before going to TSN, Forde worked as a commentator for CIS games on The Score.

Forde's knowledge of football at the university level is second to none, and I trust pretty much everything he has to say on the subject. I would like to thank Duane Forde for his tireless work in educating many, including myself, on upcoming Canadian players from the CIS.

PREVIOUS: Ti-Cats Draft Needs

No comments:

Post a Comment