Thursday 15 April 2010

Bellefeuille Extended

First it was the General Manager and now it's the Head Coach. Just days after the Ti-Cats signed GM Bob O'Billovich to a contract extension, the team has announced that they have signed Head Coach Marcel Bellefeuille to one as well.

Just like the Obie signing, I can't praise this enough. I'll admit that I was initially skeptical about Bellefeuille's credentials when he was named Head Coach in 2008, but I have since gotten on board.

The 2009 season helped establish Bellefeuille as one of the best coaches in the CFL. He was nominated for Coach of the Year (an award I believe he should have won) and helped lead the Tiger-Cats back to the playoffs.

I don't want to go overboard here. I felt the same way about former Head Coach Greg Marshall after he did the same thing in 2004 (except he won Coach of the Year), and it wasn't too long before he was fired.

I think the one key difference is O'Billovich. It seems that he and Bellefeuille trust each other completely, and it is that relationship that I think has the Cats poised for success in 2010 and beyond.

This off-season has produced nothing but great news for the Tabbies. I understand after last year expectations are running high, but I think with the way the team is currently assembled, from ownership on down to the ball boys, allows for our collective faith to be justified.

RELATED: In Obie We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment