Saturday 26 February 2011

Finally

I said months ago that I was done talking about the stadium. I said I would only talk about it when everything was resolved.

I said nothing when the idea to renovate Ivor Wynne Stadium was passed by council, because TO2015 (formerly HostCo) had to sign off on it.

Yesterday, they finally did.

One of the most ridiculous sagas I have ever witnessed is finally over with.

There is no point in pointing fingers now. What's done is done. It is time to look to the future.

From day one, I have said that I couldn't care less where the stadium was put as long as it was built somewhere. That was my only criterion. That has been met, so I'm satisfied.

I would be remiss if I failed to bring up the campaign that started some time ago to Save Ivor Wynne Stadium. Long before anyone else floated this option, one man took it upon himself to call for the renovation of Ivor Wynne Stadium. No one took him seriously, myself included, but a part of me is glad he fought for this. I have no idea if his campaigning had anything to do with solving this debacle, but he deserves credit for being the first to bring up this idea. I tip my cap to you, Larry. Fine job, sir.

This whole mess is now behind us. I look forward to seeing games at a renovated Ivor Wynne Stadium. A brand new stadium would have been nice, but keeping the Tiger-Cat tradition at Balsam and Beechwood suits me just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Josh. I truly apprecaite your setiments. At the end of the day, I just wanted a home for the Cats too that would make them sustainable for a long time to come. I think this plan will do just that, and allow us to continue with some great traditions.

    Cheers,
    Larry

    ReplyDelete