Thursday 23 September 2010

Smitty's Selections: Week 13

Unlucky 13. I've been on a bit of a roll lately, once again going 3-1 with my weekly picks. I've put together a nice string of successes recently after my early-season miscalculations. I will say that Week 13 does pose the hardest set of games I've had to choose from in a while. One in particular is becoming a headache to try and decide on.

Montreal (8-3) at Winnipeg (3-8)

This is the one. This is the game that has been giving me fits. For some reason I just cannot shake the feeling that the Bombers will pull this one out. I don't know why, but that's how I feel. Yet I say to myself that there is no way that the East Division-leading Alouettes are going to lose to the last-place Blue Bombers. I've gone with my gut before and it has paid off. I'm going with my gut again.

Winner: Winnipeg, 28-27

Saskatchewan (7-4) at Hamilton (6-5)

Both of these teams are coming off big wins last week, with the Riders beating the Stamps and the Cats beating the Lions in BC. Both teams have had middling performances in the recent past as well. These teams, for all intents and purposes, match up very well. I expect this to be a very even game. No surprise, I give the home team the edge.

Winner: Hamilton, 30-27

British Columbia (3-8) at Calgary (9-2)

This one is pretty simple: Calgary is coming off a loss, and they will not lose two in a row.

Winner: Calgary, 38-23

Edmonton (2-9) at Toronto (6-5)

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that this game is not being played in Toronto. Touchdown Atlantic is finally here. This game will be played in Moncton, New Brunswick, and is the first step toward what I am hopeful will be a franchise located somewhere in Atlantic Canada in the future. When this game was chosen as the one that would be played out East, I'm sure no one thought these two teams would have these two records. Well, I'm sure people thought that a 2-9 and 6-5 team would be playing, but that the 2-9 team would be the Argonauts and the 6-5 team would be the Eskimos. Regardless of who wins, this is a great game for the CFL. But one team has to win, and for no reason whatsoever, I'm taking Edmonton.

Winner: Edmonton, 29-25

Recap
Winnipeg, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton

Season Record: 25-19

No comments:

Post a Comment