Thursday 25 August 2011

Smitty's Selections: Week 9

I'm going to make a bold statement here and say that the two games in Week 9 make this the best week of the season. No single week has featured two more intriguing matchups than Week 9. The 6-1 Winnipeg Blue Bombers host the 4-3 Hamilton Tiger-Cats, while the 5-2 Calgary Stampeders welcome the 5-2 Montreal Alouettes to McMahon Stadium. These two games have the potential to be two of the best games of the year.

Hamilton at Winnipeg

Back in Week 1, these two teams met in one of the ugliest games in recent memory. Neither team played particularly well in that first contest, and it was a key mistake by the Ti-Cats that allowed Winnipeg to leave Hamilton with a victory. Everyone expects a much different game this time around. These two teams are fairly equal, but payback is on the minds of the Tabbies, and they return the favour by taking a close one in Winnipeg.

Winner: Hamilton. 26-23

Montreal at Calgary

This is probably the most difficult game I've ever had to pick. At first thought, it seemed Montreal was a no-brainer. I mean, they're Montreal. But then I started to get my doubts. The game is in Calgary, and the Stamps have not played exceedingly well, but have turned it on in their last two games. With the game being in Cowtown, my gut is telling me to roll the dice on the home team. So I will, but this one will be close.

Winner: Calgary, 31-27

Recap
Hamilton, Calgary

Season Record: 17-13

No comments:

Post a Comment