Thursday 11 August 2011

Smitty's Selections: Week 7

I guess you could say I'm riding a bit of a winning streak. I'm 6-2 over the past two weeks, finishing both weeks with a 3-1 record. Here's hoping I can keep the good times rollin'.

Edmonton at Montreal

Edmonton suffered their first loss of the season last week, and things don't get any easier as they travel to Montreal to take on the Als. I have liked a lot of what Edmonton has done so far this season, but I just can't see them going into Percival Molson Stadium and downing the Als. They'll keep it close, but Montreal will take this one.

Winner: Montreal, 33-25

Calgary at Saskatchewan

We're six weeks in and I can't get a read on either of these teams. Is Saskatchewan as bad as their 1-5 record would indicate? Is Calgary a good 4-2 or a fortunate 4-2? I don't know the answer to either of those questions. But I gotta pick someone, so I'm going with the Stamps. Simply put: they are a better team than the Roughriders. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Saskatchewan pulled this one out.

Winner: Calgary, 27-23

Toronto at Hamilton

Round One in the Battle of Ontario. The greatest rivalry in all of sports (yes, I said it) adds the next chapter to its storied history. The last time these two teams met at Ivor Wynne, the Argos stunned the Ti-Cat faithful and eliminated the Black & Gold from the playoffs. What a difference a few months make. The Argos are seemingly in free fall, having just fired their Defensive Coordinator. The Ti-Cats have been up and down this season, but not wanting to go into their bye week with a loss will spur the Cats on to a big win, driving the first nail into the Argos 2011 coffin.

Winner: Hamilton, 30-13

Winnipeg at British Columbia

The Lions finally ended their losing streak, and now they get to add Arland Bruce to the arsenal. The Leos are loading up and looked primed to make a run. It won't be easy against arguably the best team in the CFL, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. But my gut is telling me that Winnipeg is due for a letdown, and I think the Lions will eke one out at home.

Winner: British Columbia, 24-21

Recap
Montreal, Calgary, Hamilton, British Columbia

Season Record: 13-11

No comments:

Post a Comment