Wednesday 20 April 2011

Tafralis Released

It looks like the Tiger-Cats have made their choice, as Adam Tafralis has been released by the club.

I have taken a lot of heat for my opinions on Tafralis. I have been called "a moron" and "not brite" based on my opinions on Tafralis's play back in the 2010 pre-season.

I tried to clarify my stance, but that was also apparently not good enough.

Anyway, I always thought that Tafralis had potential: that if given a chance he could be something special. But after two seasons with minimal exposure to any real game action, the team felt that they were better served with Jason Boltus as their number-three Quarterback.

This move firmly entrenches the recently re-signed Quinton Porter as the team's primary backup to Kevin Glenn. The entire Quarterback depth chart is secure, with Glenn the undisputed number one, Porter the unquestioned number two, and Jason Boltus seemingly secure in his role as the number-three/developmental guy. There will be no Quarterback controversy in Hamilton this year at any tier.

I still feel as if Tafralis can make something of himself. He is still a young guy at 27, and he could still develop into something. He just won't be doing that development in Hamilton. I wish him luck in wherever he lands, and I thank him for his time with the Cats.

1 comment:

  1. Figured there'd be at least a little gloating from Anonymous, the Tafralis fan, that he'll start somewhere else now and be a Cat killer. ;-)

    Good luck Adam. Hope it works out somewhere, because you have a great attitude and have shown some of the tools it takes to be a QB in this league. With hard work, the right coaching, and the right situation, maybe it will happen.

    ReplyDelete