Tuesday 24 July 2012

Players of the Week and All-Time DBs

A couple of Tiger-Cat tidbits from today.

First, Henry Burris and Andy Fantuz have been named Players of the Week. Burris was named the league's top offensive player for his masterful performance against the Alouettes. A 90 per cent completion rate is unheard of, especially when you do it by throwing 30 passes. Fantuz was named the top Canadian after picking up 135 yards on eight catches and scoring one touchdown. It really looks like these two are developing some chemistry, and the offense as a whole is starting click like many thought they would in the preseason.

The other piece of news is that the Cats have unveiled the names of the defensive backs up for the all-time team. There are 13 players listed and fans will have to pick the five best. That will not be an easy task. I look at the list and see at least eight players that I would consider casting my vote for, and I have to get that number down to five. I can only imagine what older fans think when they look at the list. I think the only harder choices that fans are going to have will come when the list of receivers is released.

No comments:

Post a Comment