Friday 1 October 2010

Stala Staying in Steeltown

Earlier today, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced that they have signed Dave Stala to a contract extension that will keep in his hometown until 2012.

Anyone who has read anything I've written about Dave Stala knows how much I like him. Sitting in my closet right now is the Gold jersey that the Tiger-Cats used to wear. On the back of that jersey is the name 'STALA.' I'm not alone in having embraced Stala. His roots in Hamilton made him a fan favourite early, but it was his play on the field that brought even more on board the Stala bandwagon. Dave Stala is easily one of my top-five favourite current Ti-Cats, so it goes without saying that I am extremely happy that Stala will be staying in his hometown for the foreseeable future.

Stala has been a very consistent on-field performer for the Cats since his arrival from Montreal two years ago. He has been as reliable as any other player, and he just makes plays when needed. I can't heap enough plaudits on Stala.

I am very glad and very excited that Dave Stala will continue to wear Black & Gold for at least a couple of more seasons. I hope he retires a Tiger-Cat after bringing home a couple of Grey Cup championships.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say he's been our most consistent and reliable offensive player. We haven't had a go-to guy like this for key downs since... since... since... Darren Flutie? (Morreale would be the more obvious comparison, but he wasn't quite the same in his second go 'round with us from 2004-06)

    This is great news, and hopefully some inspiration to all on the team that consistent good play gets you the team's respect.

    ReplyDelete