Saturday 12 May 2012

Ivor Wynne Memories

There will be a lot of looking back over the next several months with it being the final year of Ivor Wynne Stadium. I am sure we will see a lot of articles and hear a lot of conversations about what Ivor Wynne means to people. Last Word on Sports has already published an article, and Drew Edwards is seeking fan submissions to post on The Scratching Post blog. I am not immune to walking down memory lane. Over the course of the season, I plan on publishing several posts about some of my memories of Ivor Wynne.

Today marks the final season ticket pickup party to be held at Ivor Wynne. While this will only be my third trip to this event, it's something I have looked forward to every year. And no, not because of the free Swiss Chalet. Getting my tickets makes the season feel real. It means in about a month we'll be watching football once again. And with this being the last season any of us will watch games at Ivor Wynne Stadium, today's little shindig will carry a little more sentiment. I guess today is the first of the last, as it will be the last first trip I take to Ivor Wynne. While it's not for a game, it's till for something Ti-Cats related. For me, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment