Saturday 14 April 2012

Giguère Fatigue

Since being drafted in the first round in 2008, Sam Giguère has been among the most talked about players in the CFL, and he has yet to attend a single practice. Every time Giguère breathes it seems to make news, the latest being that Henry Burris made a pitch to get Giguère into Tiger-Cats camp this year.

I have been caught up in the Giguère melodrama like everyone else; I even made a bit of a boob of myself for reading way too much into a tweet Giguère sent out a couple weeks back. And I wasn't the only one who jumped to that conclusion. That is how much Giguère has griped the minds of Tiger-Cat fans.

That said, I have reached a point where the only news I want to hear about Giguère is when he's actually joining a roster. Whether that be by signing with Hamilton or getting traded to Montreal (or somewhere else) or finally making it in the NFL, it doesn't matter to me. The outcome of the saga is no longer as important as their just being an outcome. Just give me an ending, whatever that ending may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment